I must share with you the best vegan cookbook that I have come across . . . The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon. I have not tried all of the recipes, but I have tried quite a few and there is not one recipe that I have tried that has not been fabulous.
1 T coconut or other oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 T fresh ginger, minced
1-2 T curry powder (I like curry, so I used the full 2 Tablespoons)
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
6 cups vegetable broth (I used 5 cups because I like it a little thick)
1 cup uncooked red lentils, rinsed and drained
1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into bite size florets
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 large handfuls of spinach or kale
3/4 tsp fine-grain sea salt or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 to 6 minutes, until translucent.
2. Stir in ginger, curry, coriander and cumin. Saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
3. Add the broth and red lentils and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes more.
4. Stir in the cauliflower and sweet potato. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, until the cauliflower and sweet potato are tender. Season with the salt and pepper. Stire in the spinach and cook until wilted.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and ENJOY!